Sage is used for its health and beauty benefits:
-It can be used externally on hair to improve texture.
-Steeped sage can be used as a facial toner and used to treat fungal nail infection.
There are many health benefits associated with using sage:
-High level of vitamin K, that supports healthy bones and blood.
-High in antioxidants, that fight damaging free radicals.
-Has been shown to reduce blood sugar level.
Care & Harvest:
Days to sprout: 7 – 21 days
Matures in: 80 – 90 days
Taste it for: 4 – 12 weeks
- Sage is a slow-grower but easy to maintain herb. It tends to grow long. Do not hesitate to trim to force it to grow more like a bush.
- After crops reach maturity, cut top of stems so they are 4-6 inches tall. While the plant is young, prune lightly to allow the plant to develop fully.
- Throughout the life of the plant remove any leaves which are discolored or dying.
- Cut an entire stem if desired, or pinch a leaf at a time.
- For small amounts harvest leaves at the tips with scissors. Full stems can be harvested and hung to dry for at least two weeks and can then be stored in an airtight container.