- High in vitamin A, which is good for the immune system, good vision and the growth of children.
- Contains many other micronutrients that help in the maintenance of your cells.
Care & Harvest:
Days to sprout: 7 – 21 days
Matures in: 40-50 days to leaf harvest; 90-100 days to seed
Taste it for: 4 – 8 weeks
- From seed it takes about 8 weeks for the plant to reach maturity, from then on prune the top third of the plant every 2 months. Remove flowers by pinching before they go to seed, this will keep the plant from dying off which happens after the seeds drop.
- For small amount of dill, use your fingers to remove a few branches from the top of the plant. Be careful not to pull it from the pod.
- For large amounts of dill, the whole stem can be harvested. Up to a third of the plant can be harvested for smaller amounts if you wish to keep the plant alive.
- Trim leaves from the top to boost bushier growth rather than upward growth.