Beet leaves are amazingly healthy eating and are excellent sources of:
- Antioxidants, minerals and Vitamin A,C and K.
- Contain betaine, a compound essential for cardiovascular health.
- They are also sources of iron and riboflavin.
Care & Harvest:
Days to sprout: 7 – 14 days
Matures in: 28 days baby leaf; 40 days full-size leaf
Taste it for: 4 – 5 weeks
- For salad mix, cut as baby leaves picking off the larger outer leaves within approximately 28 days after seeding.
- Cut individual mature stalks using the large outer ones first, leaving the small leaves in the middle to regrow.
- Older leaves are often stripped off the plants and discarded to allow the young leaves to continue to grow.